2nd Day Driving City Tour in St Petersburg
Our trained guides will come to your located hotel—lobby area—or any other address indicated to start the tour from that address. Additionally, there will be a driver waiting at your hotel entrance, waiting to begin the tour via a car or minivan. Our drivers are all properly licensed and the vehicles can accommodate up to 3-7 people (up to 3 for a compact car; up 4-7 in a minivan).
Begin the Tour at Your Hotel
Naval Cathedral of St. NicholasFree of charge visitation included
The St. Nicholas Naval Cathedral has exquisite Baroque architecture of a major Orthodox cathedral with a Russian architectural style. Designed by Savva Chevakinsky, the cathedral consists of two separate churches. On the first floor is the church for Saint Nicholas while the upper 2nd floor is dedicated to the feast of Epiphany. The lower half serves as a memorial for most of the Russian Navy’s fallen combatants. It is therefore dedicated to Saint Nicholas, the patron saint of seamen and fishermen alike.
Mariinsky Theatre is one of St. Petersburg’s most famous ballet and opera houses in the world. It has housed many masterpieces such as: The Sleeping Beauty, The Nutcracker, Raymonda, and the definitive revival of Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake.
The Spit of Vasilievsky Island
Vasilievsky Island is one of the most famous postcard-views of the city. It has housed in recent centuries academic and many industrial forms of life. One of its learning facilities is the Imperial Academy of Sciences and Saint Petersburg State University. The island itself is bordered by the Malaya Neva, Bolshaya Rivers and the Gulf of Finland.
Quay with Sphinxes
The mysterious monuments of Ancient Egypt made their way to Russia’s St. Petersburg at the height of “Egyptomania” in the mid-1830s.They are approximately 3500 years old and add a unique impression to the historical luxury of the city of St. Petersburg.
Cabin of Peter the GreatTickets are included
The first “palace” of St. Petersburg that would house Tsar Peter the Great in the 17th century. Constructed out of pure logs, its design has a traditional countryside style commonly found in 1700s Russia. It is more than 300 years old and outstandingly well-preserved.
Peter and Paul Fortress
The Peter and Paul Fortress was the city’s original citadel. It was founded by Peter the Great in 1703 and built by Domenico Trezzini’s designs. It was aptly named “Old Town,” and now currently serves as a burial vault that houses the remains of the famous Romanov Royal family.
The Kresty “Crosses” Prison.
Kresty Prison is one of the most infamous Russian prisons in history. It stands as a memorial for the politically repressed victims of antiquated St. Petersburg.
Smolny CathedralChances to view the bell-towers for the beautifully breathtaking panorama is optional (100 RUB/person)
Closed every Wednesday.
Smolny Cathedral was intended to be as a convent. This Russian Orthodox structure evolved into a magnificent cathedral. It was originally built to house Eizabeth of Russia, daughter to Peter the Great, to prevent succession to the throne. Today, the cathedral and its surrounding facilities are primarily used as offices and government institutions. Additionally, in some of the facilities the study of political science, sociology and international relations from Saint Petersburg State University are taught in them. The panoramic view over St. Petersburg is a must-see.
Tauride Palace is perhaps one of the most historic and physically largest places in St. Petersburg, Russia. Prince Grigory Potemkin commissioned architect Ivan Starov to design this luxurious residence in Tauride. It was inspired in a Palladian “southern architectural” style. Later on Tauride Palace would play an important role in Russian history.
Hotel drop off
Once the tour ends our drivers will drop you off back in your hotel or any other much preferred place.
- These tours are completely private with your own personal driver and knowledgeable guide. There will be no other people joining the tour at any given time.
- For convenience and comfort we arrange private tours with a limit of 7 people per guide. If you have a bigger group that wishes to take the tour, please contact us ahead of time and we will arrange several guides for you.
- The tours are conducted via car/minivan. We only recruit drivers with appropriate licensing and divide groups based on the amount of people. Compact vehicles are up to 3 people per tour and minivans are 4-7 people per tour.
- The tour makes approximately 10 stops in accordance with the tour itinerary. Each stop lasts about 10-20 minutes.
- Tour duration is approximately 5 hours.
- The start date and time is up to you and may vary from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
|Number of participants||Total|
|1 adult||10 000 RUB|
|2 adults||11 600 RUB|
|3 adults||13 300 RUB|
|4 adults||15 300 RUB|
|5 adults||16 900 RUB|
|6 adults||18 500 RUB|
|7 adults||20 100 RUB|
RUB to USD currency conventer
1 rub = 0.0144 USD
RUB to EUR currency conventer
1 rub = 0.0128 EUR
- The tour rate includes all taxes, personal guide, hotel pick-up and drop-off, metro tickets. There are no hidden costs. Children (up to 14 years old) go free of charge.
- We do not have cancellation fees. We understand that your plans can be changed so we do not charge for cancellations. Please inform us asap if you want to cancel the tour.
- We recieve payments in cash (Russian Roubles). Our guide can assist you to change Euros or US dollars.